Wingate Institute, Israel’s National Centre for Physical Education and Sport, was inaugurated in 1957 and is named in honor of Major General Orde Charles Wingate “The Friend”.
Wingate Institute is spread over 120 acres of campus, located on a cliff above the Mediterranean Sea, 25 minutes north of Tel Aviv.
The institute consisting of several units:
- The Nat Holman School for Coaches and Instructors.
- The Department for Sports Medicine and research.
- The boarding school for Young Talents in Sport.
- The Elite sport unit which is the operating arm of the Israeli Olympic Committee.
- A Pedagogical centre (including a Library, Audio- Visual Department and The National Archives of Physical Education), Halls of Residence.
- Numerous training halls pools and sport facilities, for various activities.
- Catering and Dining services.